Monday, July 15, 2013

196/365

Alexis with her "kiki"

When she was 20 monthes old we went to dinner in Downtown Denver in the winter and totally forgot to bring a coat for her (parenting fail!) So we walked into the first store we saw and bought her this blanket. It has Spongebob on it (she had no idea who that was at the time). We wrapped her up and went to dinner and had a great night. What we didn't know is that it would be THIS blanket that she would be so attached to. She named it "kiki" and it went with us everywhere. She could never be without it. Now at 4 1/2 years old she still needs that kiki. She only needs it at bed time now, but it still means so much to her. I realized that I don't have very many pictures of her with kiki and so I really wanted to get one, a more recent one.

2 comments :

Unknown July 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM  

Very sweet. I still have my kiki! It stays in my pillow case. I remember my parents trying to get rid of it when I was in my tween years and making a comment, very jokingly I might add, "No one will marry you if you still have that blanket!" Well, I proved her wrong! haha.

Digital Diaries July 29, 2013 at 6:47 AM  

lol! I think it's sweet that you still have yours! I hope she never wants to get rid of hers either.