Tuesday, January 5, 2016

5|366 - she got through it without crying joy

I'm struggling. I'm having a hard time understanding why it's necessary to give 1st graders so much homework! She does about 1.5 hours worth every single night. My girl who used to have the love for learning, dreads it now. My girl who used to be so cheerful and happy, comes home overwhelmed and stressed. She doesn't have any time to do the things she enjoys. She doesn't have time to simply be a kid.

We only have her in one extra curricular (dance) right now, and even that seems too much with the homework load. Did I mention that she just turned 7?

My mama heart is breaking.



it's hard to find any joy in this to be honest. But my resolution was to be more positive and to find joy even in the hardest of situations.

So today it's… she got through it without crying joy.

0 comments :