Saturday, August 17, 2013

229/365

My cousin and his wife got married a year ago today. Their ceremony was just them and a pastor (and me, I took pictures!) So here we are a whole year later and they decided to have a very low-key reception so that their families could celebrate. I got signed up to take the pictures, and I took lots. It was a wonderful evening. But my most favorite picture of the night is this one. That's my grandpa, Alexis calls him "big papa" When she saw him she came running towards him to give him one giant hug. I know it meant the world to him. He is such a great grandfather and an even better GREAT-grandfather. His health is going down-hill and we're not sure how much longer we have with him. It's so special to have pictures like this. This is the whole reason I got into photography in the first place. My heart is happy today.


0 comments :